What is an OTA? An online travel agency (OTA) is a web-based marketplace that allows consumers to research and book travel products and services, including hotels, flights, cars, tours, cruises, activities, and more, directly with travel suppliers.
Online Travel Agency in the hotel business
- OTA stands for Online Travel Agency.
- They are online companies that act as third-party agents to resell hotels, cars, flights, etc. provided by others. Thus, consumers can book various travel-related services from those companies’ websites.
- The OTA must send out the APIs to channel managers so you can synchronize the inventory and rates on different platforms.
- OTA also charges a commission. You should properly analyze the expenses with return on investment and choose your OTA accordingly.
- You will certainly drive high traffic to your hotel website via OTA listing. This, in turn, will boost the SEO and also raise website rankings.
- With more OTA connections, you can increase the chances of a large number of travelers knowing your hotel.
- When the hotel gets more exposure, the number of bookings rises as well. Your hotel’s rank on OTA is also a significant factor, as the higher a hotel’s rank is the easier it is for the visitor to locate the room.
If you are looking to expand your online hotel business, then I would like to suggest Revgrow360.
It’s The best Revenue and Ota Management Company In India for Hotels, Resorts, Homestays, Hostel, and B&B.
It not only helps to manage on-desk and online booking but also launches a hotel booking website along with the Resavenue Booking engine.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?